Hey, ya gotta eat!
And with a world population that will expand to 7.6 billion in the next eight years, a lot of other people are eating (and drinking), too.
Scott discussed a number of food-related investment trends as a recent guest on the nationally syndicated News @7 radio show (hear the show below).
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) is Rothbort's largest investment, and “a growing chain that will be growing for years to come,” he says. He talks about the company's demographics and why it attract more customers in foul weather than other chains.
- He explains why he was an early investor in Annie's Inc. (BNNY), and why he's also an owner of The Hain Celestial Group (HAIN).
- He briefly talks McDonald's (MCD), a stock favored by another Covestor manager, Bill DeShurko of the Dividend and Income Plus model.
- He talks about Burger King, which recently announced plans to open 1,000 stores in China through a joint venture, and its challenge to Wendy's (WEN).
- Rothbort even talks beer, and how The Craft Brew Alliance (BREW) and other specialty brands are challenging Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) and Molson Coors (TAP).
You can hear the entire interview here: